Sunday, June 14, 2009

Pumpkin Pie

Yesterday, I made a pumpkin pie. I got the recipe off of the evaporated milk can. The recipe was pretty simple. Here's the recipe:

Pumpkin Pie
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tbsps. all purpose flour
2 1/4 tsps. pumpkin pie spice (I substituted cinnamon and nutmeg)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 large egg
1 (16oz.) can pure pumpkin
1 (12oz.) can evaporated milk
1 9-inch frozen pie shell (Instead I used a ready made shortbread crust)
Whipped cream

First, I mixed the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in mixing bowl.

Then, I added an egg, pumpkin, and evaporated milk. I mixed it until smooth.

Next, I poured the mixture in the pie shell.

I baked it at 375 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes or until a knife inserted one-inch from the edge comes out clean. Once cooled I served with whipped topping.

3 comments:

  1. mhhhmmm...it looks really delicious!!
    btw I really like your new layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE pumpkin pie, especially during the Holidays! How Fun and Fabulous...oh yes, and delish! :)

    Thanks for following me and I look forward to seeing what other oh so yummy treats you make and fun make-up looks you create!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete