Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter - Sugar Cookies

I wanted to make a Easter Basket similar to the one on the cover of Martha Stewart's magazine. So, I decided to make cutout sugar cookies using the chick cookie template from the magazine along with a rabbit template I found online.


Here are all the ingredients I used:
  • 2/3 cup flavored shortening
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 4 teaspoons milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Cream shortening and sugar in a bowl.


2. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla.


3. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well.

4.Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are golden brown. I also made some royal icing and tinted 1/2 of it a pale purple.

First, I outlined the cookie with icing.

Then, I used a thinner version of the royal icing to fill in the outline.

I allowed the icing to set for a few hours.

For the larger sugar cookie rabbit I decided to cover it with chocolate.

I placed the rabbit in the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to set.

This rabbit will later be placed in another Easter basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment