I wanted to make a Easter Basket similar to the one on the cover of Martha Stewart's magazine. So, I decided to make cutout sugar cookies using the chick cookie template from the magazine along with a rabbit template I found online.
Here are all the ingredients I used:
- 2/3 cup flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Cream shortening and sugar in a bowl.
2. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla.
3. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
4.Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are golden brown. I also made some royal icing and tinted 1/2 of it a pale purple.